Newline RS Touchscreen Information and FAQ
SIZE: Range of sizes - 65" 75" 86" and 98"
WEIGHT: In relation to sizes - 44kgs 56kgs 73kgs and 133kgs
DISPLAY RATIO: 16:9
RESOLUTION: 3840 x 2160 pixels
VIEWABLE ANGLE: 270 degrees
- Toughened anti glare glass
- Infrared touch
- Up to 20 points of touch recognition at one time
Object Recognition: (differentiate between pen, marker and eraser without using any buttons) - this is H-U-G-E for usability and savings on the costs of Proprietary pens that our oppositions devices require to operate
PORTS: USB2, USB3, HDMI, Ethernet RJ45, SPDIF Optical Digital Audio and VGA
APPS: Runs both Android and Microsoft applications
WIFI: wireless file transfers and broadcast from any device
Support: Australian based call centre - Comtouch via a “remote classroom” – Skype support
Why choose a Newline RS Touchscreen over an Interactive Projector?
- Brighter screen for more detailed visibility
- 4k High resolution 3840 x 2160 px panel (Standard projector is 1200 x 800px)
- Portable with the newline stand only
- 2 x Built in speakers
- Lots of inputs, easy add touch control of laptop
- Audio out and HDMI out
- USB ports for easy file transfers
- Lower running costs 60,000 hours versus 3,000
- No re-calibration required – Super quick setup
On site warranty - Does that mean you will visit our school however remote?
- YES, In the unlikely event of a warranty claim and after diagnosing the issue we will send a tech on site if required or in remote locations arrange for a replacement screen to be sent and the current screen collected.
If the in-built computer breaks down, can we by pass this with our own computer?
YES, The screen uses an Android based operating system but also connects to your schools computers/teachers laptops via HDMI and USB, Ethernet and wirelessly.
The Touchscreen has a built in computer, but the device can operate as a white board, can be broadcast to and access the internet without it.
Is the screen and stand or wall bracket easy to assemble?
YES, The stand and screen are very easy to put together and we have phone and remote support should you require. We would advise 2 people to assemble it safely.
If the computer breaks down does that mean we have to send the whole thing back to the south east?
DEPENDS. The on-site warranty would cover the freight in the unlikely circumstance of it ceasing to function completely.
Can I annotate any screen?
YES, at any time you can turn the screen into a whiteboard and write notes over the current image on screen. Then with a single tap you can revert the screen back to the original browser, broadcast or background.